Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Finally Teaching Again

Huzzah!

I finally started teaching again last week after a two and a half month hiatus. I have two PCs set up in a room that I can use when I want to. The university shares the campus with a college (which in Cameroon is a private high school - not what Americans think of as a college) that is also run by the church. I have started giving basic computer lessons to several of the teachers there. It felt good to finally get some work done.

This week I got another student - a local high school student who is taking a paying course I am doing for the university. Others are interested as well. Hopefully we can use the proceeds to buy some parts so I can fix up more computers and take even more students.

This week I also started teaching my general English class for all the first years students. So far so good. Power has been cooperative in Nanga lately. Internet has even been semi-regular lately. To cap it all off last night I made the best spaghetti sauce I've ever had (if I do say so myself). It's all too good to be true.

But, Peace Corps life comes in peaks and valleys, peaks and valleys. Which means something must be out there ... waiting ... waiting ... (cue Jaws music)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're going to need a bigger boat... for all the lizards.

Dave