Saturday, February 3, 2007

Quick Updates

Just a few quick updates to let people know what's going on:

- In Yaounde this weekend for a province meeting. Nice to see other Americans after six weeks straight at post.

- Cameroonians do not know how to cut white peoples' hair. I now look like a marine.

- My computer class has been on hiatus for two months but will resume soon and continue into the second semester. Instead I have been teaching Commercial English (Business English) to students in the business class here. Class has been going well (I think). Almost finished.

- None of the photocopy machines at school work and most of the printers are out of ink (or low enough that they don't want you to print anything) so I'm having a hard time getting anything printed - including exams for my students. There are places in town that do this, but with the power out so much this has not been an option when I needed it. I actually brought paper with me to Yaounde so I could print my exams in the Peace Corps office. Very irritating.

- I just got a few packages from home. Yaay!!! Mom sent taco shells and seasonings so last night a bunch of us had tacos for dinner here in Yaounde. Very exciting.

- I recently received an email from a former volunteer here (10 years ago) who married a Cameroonian from my village. They are coming to visit family soon and we are going to try to get together. I'll be interested to hear how much things have changed (or not changed) since they were serving here. Pretty cool.

No comments: